Since 1925, the Danville Veterans Memorial Building has provided an activity center for the San Ramon Veteran Community. This classic building has played host to thousands of veteran activities as well as community events, attracting valley residents to downtown Danville for senior programs, parties, banquets, weddings, voting, library use and many other activities. After more than eighty years of wonderful memories, the community has come together to restore and expand our Veterans Memorial Building. This exciting project ensures that the facility meets the needs of an ever-growing group of current and future veterans as well as our senior citizens and other individuals and businesses in need of space for events and activities.
The restored and expanded Veterans Memorial Building serves as the home of San Ramon Valley Veterans as well as a wide range of senior activities and community events. With a beautifully appointed banquet hall, catering kitchen, meeting rooms and the newly designed Veterans Activity Wing, the project provides an ideal facility for the residents of Danville and entire San Ramon Valley. The facility is a prestigious location for Anniversary Parties, Fundraising Events, Big Band Concerts, Weddings, Banquets, Crab Feeds, Family Reunions, Bridal Shows, Youth Activities, Class Reunions, Craft Fairs and Business Events.
A Place to Honor Our Veterans
A central feature of the facility is a newly designed Veterans Activity Wing, which provides meeting and event space for organizations serving San Ramon Valley veterans. The project also provides initial funding for the establishment of a Veterans Endowment Fund.
- A permanent library for military research for use by the entire community
- Representative from the County Veterans Service Office for assistance with any Veteran’s claim to secure maximum, eligible benefits
- Display cases with military memorabilia from WW I to the present
- A Veterans Resource Center bringing access to federal and county programs
- A center of activity for all affiliated Veterans Service Organizations including Blue Star Moms as they support our active duty service members
A Center for Our Seniors
Recreation, social and fitness programs for Senior Citizens encourage networking, good health and independence. The new facility provides an ideal home for these ongoing programs, in the heart of downtown Danville, with readily available public transportation.
- Recreation, health and wellness programs for seniors
- Social interaction through bridge, crafts and other daily programs
- Individualized private health screening
- Trips and special events
- Technology assistance and classes
- Educational lectures and enrichment activities
A Venue for Our Community
Coming together for community events ensures the quality of life we enjoy and helps maintain our sense of community. At our parades, fundraisers and social gatherings, we enjoy the company of our friends from the entire San Ramon Valley.
- An inviting atmosphere for community activities
- A beautiful promenade as a featured entrance point on Prospect Avenue
- Enhanced acoustics and breakout rooms for smaller events
- An anchor for economic vitality in the center of Danville
- An ideal facility for youth activities such as dances, school fundraisers and scouting programs
- Full ADA access and assisted listening equipment
Veterans Memorial Building Development Committee of San Ramon Valley is a non-profit, 501(c)3, organization dedicated to the development and operation of a Veterans Memorial Building in Danville, California. The organization has fulfilled its commitment to secure for the citizens of San Ramon Valley a facility that is suitable to fulfill the original 1921 mandate of the United States Congress that stated, “…that States and Counties shall establish Veteran Memorial Buildings for those who heroically bore the cost of our freedom.”